Our web site collects 'generic' information such as the number of visitors and type of browser used to access the site. Registration to visit or view publicly published information is not required and a visitor's personal information is never requested in any form. As no information is requested or gathered, we can not distribute such in any form or fashion.
Postal material used on this web site may contain addresses. Such information was released into the public domain by the owner when the material was sold or otherwise distributed.
The web site includes referral and translation services provided by external sources for our visitors' convenience. Personal information provided to external sources is the responsibility of the user.
We have attempted to make our web site more 'Accessibile' for visitors with disabilities. We sincerely hope this effort provides you with a richer web experience.
1. Alternate names for graphics (alt tags).
2. Title descriptions (place cursor over graphics or links for text descriptions).
3. Tab indexing allows keyboard movement among links.
4. Access keys allow keyboard movement between the site's main pages.
To use Access keys:
On Macintosh - hold down the 'Control' key and then press the key for the first letter of the desired area's name (it's bolded)
On Windows - hold down the 'Alt' key and then press the key for the first letter of the desired area's name (it's bolded) followed by the 'Enter' key.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) addresses collection of personal information from children under 13. Protection of Childen's Privacy is taken seriously by OWASU. We collect no information from children and strive to make the content of this web site acceptable as well as educational for children of all ages (6 to 60).
Our web site and its content are suitable for viewers of all ages. The site is rated by recognized rating services and rating icons appear on the home page.
No part of this web site may be reproduced in total and/or part by any mechanical, photographic, or electronic process, nor may it be stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, or otherwise copied for monetary or material gain without the express written permission of the author. Articles and associated materials copyright of the respective authors or organizations; web page design and html code copyright © 2003-2005 by fran adams. All rights reserved internationally. This material may not be reproduced except as provided for in the "fair-use doctrine" (Section 110 (5) of the Copyright Act of 1976, and 17 USCS Sect. 107). For additional copyright information, two external websites "What is Copyright Protection?" and R.I.G.H.T.S. are extremely useful and we thank them for being available to us.
Source Credits, Trademarks and Copyright Acknowledgements:
- The graphic used in the web site home page header is from a miniature sheet border design used by the Mongolian Post for "The History of Mankind" 2002 commemorative stamp issue. (designers include T. Otgonbayr, T.S. Tsengel, S.H. Ganbold, E. Bold.
- All images and designs of postage stamps and postal materials are copyright of their respective issuing
authorities (the national postal administrations are named in the respecitve images).
- Book reviews are copyright of the reviewer and/or organization named in the review.
- APS, AAPE, ATA, BuG ev., FAP, MASU and their respective logos are registered trademarks. Additional organization names and logos may be trademarked and are hereby acknowledged.
- This site is produced on an Apple iMac G5 using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX2004, Adobe Photoshop CS, Panic's Transmit (FTP) as well as the Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla, Opera and Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser software, trademarked and hereby acknowledged.
Links to other web pages from our 'External Links' page take you off our web site and open in new browser windows.
The administrator reviews the content and purpose of external web sites and care is taken to link only to sites which share our belief that the web should be shared.
The OWASU web site allows incoming links from any public web page, as long as the linked OWASU page does not appear within a frame that prevents visitors from bookmarking the accessed OWASU page.
The OWASU web site is updated frequently. Sometimes a new page may not appear depending on your browser set up. To get the 'new' version on screen, refresh/reload the page.
- This site is distributed on an "as is" basis, risk as to quality and performance lies with the user.
- No warranty, express or implied, is made with respect to any information or products offered on these or subsequent pages and/or links.
- The web site administrator, fran adams and officers of OWASU specifically disclaim any implied warranties, with respect to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the information contained on this site, subsequent pages and/or links.
- Users assume and accept all costs, damage, errors or consequences arising from use of this site, and agree to bear the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair, correction or charge related thereto.
- The web site administrator, fran adams and officers of OWASU represented on this site may not be held liable for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential costs or damages resulting from the use of this site or any link thereto, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or other damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
- No warranties extend beyond the descriptions contained in the above paragraph and this list of terms.
There is no subscription fee or charge for using this web site.
OWASU domain name, disk space and bandwidth provided with the compliments of fran adams.